Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you tell how many cities you have built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Doc, but the second to do it was merely trying to expound on your answer.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Its my fault and I apologize to the Thread starter for otherwise "detracting from a helpful and useful thread"

I will say however that you all have been useful and maybe we can find an easy way in the future..right now..Im also gonna go ask "Earl The Porcelin Prince" what he thinks!!"
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        ... just use the F1 screen or whatever. I think there are 9 per screen, so then you scroll it down and you can figure it out faster.

But this should be on the wish list for civ4.
        I use the method described above sort of like this:

1. Press F1
        2. Press Page Down, and count the number of times you press it until reaching the end of the cities list.
        3. Multiply the number of times you pressed Page Down by 9.
        4. Add to this figure whatever number of cities is listed on the final page.

The only time it may get confusing is when you have 9 cities on the last page - you won't know it's the last page, so you will have probably have to do it over.

The more you use this method, the easier it becomes, and pretty soon you don't really need to think about it much.
        My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Thanks never though of doing that but it will work!

Peace

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeve

I use the method described above sort of like this:

1. Press F1
            2. Press Page Down, and count the number of times you press it until reaching the end of the cities list.
            3. Multiply the number of times you pressed Page Down by 9.
            4. Add to this figure whatever number of cities is listed on the final page.

The only time it may get confusing is when you have 9 cities on the last page - you won't know it's the last page, so you will have probably have to do it over.

The more you use this method, the easier it becomes, and pretty soon you don't really need to think about it much.
            Ok I tried and it didnt work

I pressed the F-1 button and the cities screen came up..but I tried F1 and hitting PAGE DOWN and then PAGE UP nothing..

So i tried F1 + PAGE DOWN/PAGE UP..Nothing..

I tried SCROLL LOCK on & off with above mentioned combos..nothing..

any suggestions?

Peace

Gramps

Comment

Hmm... the page down key didn't scroll through the list?

I'll check into this again later today - in the meantime, you're sure you have more than 9 cities, right?

If you do, then can you at least scroll through the cities using the mouse? If so, then you might be able to count mouse clicks - which I'll confirm later.
              My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeve
                Hmm... the page down key didn't scroll through the list?

I'll check into this again later today - in the meantime, you're sure you have more than 9 cities, right?

If you do, then can you at least scroll through the cities using the mouse? If so, then you might be able to count mouse clicks - which I'll confirm later.
                umm..yeah..Im talking in excess of 100

Comment

Just click the bar below the slider to page down. Take note, though, of whether the top city after clicking was the bottom city on the page before or not.

Comment

If your cities are all on one landmass, and you have your advanced buttons visible, click the “Go To” button on one of your units. It will show you all of your cities in nicely arranged easy to count/calculate rows without having to scroll.
                    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                      Just click the bar below the slider to page down. Take note, though, of whether the top city after clicking was the bottom city on the page before or not.
                      The bar below the slider to page down.. ON MY KEYBOARD? I dun have any bar belwo my page down on my keyboard I ahve 4 directional arrows??

Help..pls..

Comment

I assume he means this:

Click it once, and it moves the view downwards, a page or so, just like you regular windows-application sidebar.

I suppose, one could also just press the arrow key down on one's keyboard, and count the pressings, then ad the last 9 cities to the sum.
                        Last edited by Tattila the Hun; July 29, 2004, 17:20.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

uhh, what's with that advisor in the upper right?

Comment

I've decided I need to enlist the services of one of the creative types here to make a set of Mini-KISS advisors, but I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                              I've decided I need to enlist the services of one of the creative types here to make a set of Mini-KISS advisors, but I digress.
                              KISS

ok..I see and if thats the best then thanks and my buddy send your buddy (ette) a kiss back...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                uhh, what's with that advisor in the upper right?
                                Um, I'm quessing she's japanese..???

Manga babes

From civfanatics. Though, it could use some improving, like the small heads on the left.
                                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                                X