Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough AI cities - too easy ?

Hi there!

I was playing an emperor game (vanilla civ3, huge pangea, 15 civs). During the ancient and medieval era, there were almost no wars, so most of the civs had grabbed just about an equal share of the total land mass. The issue here is that I managed to put down 16-17 cities, whereas most AI civs got 12-13, so I was the only civ to be able to build the FP until some wars in the industrial era allowed a few more civs to build it. But being the only civ to have the FP during the whole medieval era is a big advntage - so big, that I decided not to play any further (after Hoover Dam, tech lead, twice as many cities as nearest rival etc.).

Have you noticed or experienced anything like this ? Do you try to avoid certain game settings with the FP consideration in mind, so it will not be too easy ?

Switch to C3C and the AI will do better in that setting. Largely because the increase tech cost and the crippled FP.

Also the extra ancient wonders, makes it hard for the human to get so many of the better ones in the ancient age.

Comment

Working...
    X