No announcement yet.

Britain is a small Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIV it is hard to make those types of deterination with a screenie. A save would let someone look at all the factors. Not to mention we still do not know what the game level is at.

Since it is 880AD and Germany has about two mines total, I am guessing it is around Warlord. In any event, I see no reason to be concerned about Germany, they should not be a threat until they can muster up Panzers.

Russia OTOH will be making its UU soon and that will not be be fun and they are much larger than Germany.
    Last edited by vmxa1; July 22, 2004, 23:58.

Comment

Looks like you should do alright. Concentrate forces and go for it before they get too tough.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        SIV it is hard to make those types of deterination with a screenie. A save would let someone look at all the factors. Not to mention we still do not know what the game level is at.

Since it is 880AD and Germany has about two mines total, I am guessing it is around Warlord. In any event, I see no reason to be concerned about Germany, they should not be a threat until they can muster up Panzers.

Russia OTOH will be making its UU soon and that will not be be fun and they are much larger than Germany.
        Actually they have 9 mines (7 of them in the pic) and it's regent - so It shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for the advice guys

Comment

Germany is food rich/shield poor. They shouldn't be too tough to take down. My GOODNESS that's a lot of food!

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Germany is food rich/shield poor. They shouldn't be too tough to take down. My GOODNESS that's a lot of food!

-Arrian
            And somehow all that food didn't help the Germany-AI

Comment

Well, I actually think you`re fairly big now. I think you should not attack anyone; just go on developing your continental cities as fast as you can.
              You have two advantages:

1)Your insular possesions are fairly easy to defend, so you don`t need too much force out there. Send your units to the continent, and focus on science.
              2)On the ocntinetnt, you have only two fronts, so you have only two countries which CAN really harm you.

Again, you`ve got a big coountry now; WAIT. Donpt attack anyone, play the peaceful Kissinger way, and stay up there. Focus on Culture and WOnders.
              Era de noche, y sin embargo llovía...

Estoy participando en PBEM Los 4 PuNtos, ¡Ponte otra de Grog! y Vive le France!

Comment

Why, why, why does the AI irrigate those deserts around Berlin? The floodplains and wheat should be providing more than enough food to compensate for the loss of a few food tokens to mines. Sigh.
                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

You can't mine floodplain tiles.

Comment

You can mine desert, though, Kucinich.

Why, why, why does the AI irrigate those deserts around Berlin?
                    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Oh, I didn't realise some of those tiles were actual desert. It looked like the river was touching them.

Comment

SIV? Simian Immunodeficiency Virus?

Looks like you should have this game in the bag.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

This seems to illustrate how odd the AI can be.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

SIV, can you determine whether Russia has had her Golden Age yet ? (from wonders that match traits) Or would you trigger it as soon as the first cossack wins a battle ? If so, I would go for Germany.

Comment

Thanks for your advice - I'm now at the modern era and about to win - so you can stop giving your wonderful advice

Comment

What did you end up doing? Did you conquer the Germans, and prune the Russians? Or did you settle down and build? Or a little of both...

I would have been tempted to take away Russia's horses and iron right near the border there. If you were nefarious enough, you could do it by building towns on the border. heheh
                                Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Working...
                                X