Radar Towers - 2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar Towers - 2 questions

1. Do they assist units at sea (in range)?
    2. Can they be destroyed by bombard / bombing?

no
    yes

Comment

On #2:

First, any protecting units have to be redlined.

Second, improvements go: RR, then road or road and mine/irr.

Third, the RT.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Diss: are you sure they don't affect sea?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Diss: are you sure they don't affect sea?
          no , but that's what I heard.

Comment

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.

Comment

Catt examined this awhile back, and IIRC they do not affect naval battles. Might recall wrong though.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

The radar tower does not help any ships at sea. It simply gives a view out (somewhat similar to an outpost but not quite).

Comment

I can't find my old post or test results from just after PTW came out, but if I recall correctly, radar towers did indeed confer a bonus on naval units (as well as land units) -- they did not affect air engagements.

Catt

Comment

Comment

if they aren't protected by a unit (which they almost always are by the AI), i think you should be able to destroy them by bombardment, especially with aircraft (it's easy to spot a tower!).
                      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Originally posted by rcoutme
                        The radar tower does not help any ships at sea. It simply gives a view out (somewhat similar to an outpost but not quite).
                        You're thinking of the radar ability/editor flag.
                        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

OK, many thanks everybody. So it looks like the answers are yes and yes.

Comment

when there was a Radar Tower (and no A.I. unit on the square) I have never been able to do any damage to improvements or the radar tower...
                            I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Radar Tower Range

I feel that the radar tower range isn't quite what I'd like it to be. I like to keep tabs on my borders at all times. Is there a way to edit the range value to make it a bit higher?
                              Last edited by gab169; August 27, 2004, 11:10.
                              “Who knows where thoughts come from, they just appear.” - Lucas, Empire Records

Comment

Working...
                              X