Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to edit Civ3, but I'm stuck

Hello,

Where's the Civ3 equivilent to alpha.txt for Civ3? I'd like to change the amount of shields required for Wealth to something more like SMAC's, but I can't seem to find the core Civ3 rules file.

Also, which file has population icons? The difference between an unhappy and happy icon is far too similar for my tastes, and I'd like to make them more obvious.
    It's a CB.
    --
    SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Concerning question 1, Go to the General Tab of the Editor and look along the left side.

Concerning question 2, Better, to go to CIVFanatics Creation Forum.
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Antrine
      Concerning question 1, Go to the General Tab of the Editor and look along the left side.
      No matter what file I load, or which editor (I have Gold, so I seem to have both editors), I can't edit those - they are constantly greyed out.

Besides, you're talking about a specific map. I want the changes *globally*, meaning every new game, not a specific level, has these changes.
      It's a CB.
      --

Comment

I think you have to use custom rules to change the rules. You can make the changes perm by creating a new Conquest.biq or whatever the thing is that replaces the civ3mod.bic for C3C.

I have not done it, but I know it canbe done, so I may not have all the proper steps lined out.

I think there is a top thread about changing civ3mod.bic and it should be the same for the C3C one.

Comment

Yes, Load the Conquest Game Editor, this is a 'separate' program. Save As something like 'GoGetEm_Take_One. In the Rules Tab, enable rules by clicking same. A warning screen comes up. Proceed, this is a 'saved' Mod now named 'GoGetEm_Take_One'. A point to remember, Conquests, generic out of the box vanilla is a MOD. So your mod will act the same in the Game Start-up Screen, here simply go to Civ Content and choose, 'GoGetEm_Take_One' and proceed as before. Everything is the same excepting whatever changes you elected to do.

Have fun, I do, been modding this puppy since Conquests came out last year.
          The Graveyard Keeper
          Of Creation Forum
          I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

I can open civ3mod.bic which allows me to modify the rules. The map itself is blank, but I'm guessing this is essentially the Civ3 version of alpha.txt? I have Civ3Gold, which is sans-Conquest.

I'm then guessing its a case of making a copy of civ3mod.bic, renaming the old one, and then doing modifications to the new one?
            It's a CB.
            --

Comment

yes
              The Graveyard Keeper
              Of Creation Forum
              I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Re: Want to edit Civ3, but I'm stuck

Originally posted by EternalSpark Also, which file has population icons? The difference between an unhappy and happy icon is far too similar for my tastes, and I'd like to make them more obvious.
                for civ3/PTW:
                ....\Infogrames\Civilization III\art\SmallHeads\smallheads.pcx

for Conquest:
                ...\Infogrames\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\SmallHeads\smallheads.pcx
                Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
                civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
                civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

Originally posted by EternalSpark
                  I can open civ3mod.bic which allows me to modify the rules. The map itself is blank, but I'm guessing this is essentially the Civ3 version of alpha.txt? I have Civ3Gold, which is sans-Conquest.

I'm then guessing its a case of making a copy of civ3mod.bic, renaming the old one, and then doing modifications to the new one?
                  There is no version of alpha.txt in Civ 3, everything is done graphically through the editor.

And you're better off to create, then save as, a new scenario rather than overwrite the original. You can load it easily enough from the main screen of the game. Leaving the original will always provide you with a reference and will always be available if something goes wrong and you have to start over. And that does happen fairly often.

Comment

Working...
                  X