Pollution Tracker available in game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution Tracker available in game?

I have a fairly massive civilization and no I aint a tree hugging liberal so i feel like ifin you can build it let someone else clean it up!!

(J/K!!)

My question is this:

Is there a keyboard shortcut that toggles between all the pollution tiles?

I have so many and am trying to be environmentally a friendly steward by cleaning up my mess, but was wondering how besides scrolling though all cities can i track where the pollution is?
    I know how to clean them up just when the turn ends (I am at turn 398 currently) it blow through the city reports so fats its a tad hard to track them..

Ok..I will as allways await the experts to help!!

Peace

Gramps "Polluting-like-a-felon-but not-jellin" Troll
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Hi, I've never posted here but I read a lot. Maybe this will be helpful to you: press shift+D when you have a worker selected, he will run off and clean up any polution automatically. Not quite what you asked for, but the closest I've found.

Comment

Originally posted by fluff77
      Hi, I've never posted here but I read a lot. Maybe this will be helpful to you: press shift+D when you have a worker selected, he will run off and clean up any polution automatically. Not quite what you asked for, but the closest I've found.
      Yes that is a lot closer than i have been!

Thanks

Gramps
      Attached Files

Comment

Depending on what is going on in the game you can set 10-30 workers on auto to clean p pollution.

I do not recommend it as I will just have a stack to 30-60 workers parked soemwhere andsend them to any tiles that need it.

This lets me ensure they do not get into a spot that they could get captured.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          Depending on what is going on in the game you can set 10-30 workers on auto to clean p pollution.

I do not recommend it as I will just have a stack to 30-60 workers parked soemwhere andsend them to any tiles that need it.

This lets me ensure they do not get into a spot that they could get captured.
          Ok..bear with me..what exactly would I do for say 10 workers to "automacrically" clean pollution?
          I am a moron of sorts so please type S-L-O-W-L-Y so as I can understand ya...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hitting SHIFT+A will completely automate a worker, but instruct it not to irrigate over mines or mine over irrigations that already exist. (Don't hit just A, or it won't respect mine vs irrigation decisions you've made and will change your terrain improvements around.)

While I highly recommend controlling workers yourself for most of the game, this is handy once you've got roads, rails, and either irrigation or a mine on every tile in your empire; for once you have all that, there's nothing left to do except clean up pollution whenever it appears, essentially making them automated pollution cleaners.

You'll still have to keep track of where it popped up so you can restore the WF in the city effected, but you won't have to move and order a clean-up for several workers every time you get pollution.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
              Hitting SHIFT+A will completely automate a worker, but instruct it not to irrigate over mines or mine over irrigations that already exist. (Don't hit just A, or it won't respect mine vs irrigation decisions you've made and will change your terrain improvements around.)

While I highly recommend controlling workers yourself for most of the game, this is handy once you've got roads, rails, and either irrigation or a mine on every tile in your empire; for once you have all that, there's nothing left to do except clean up pollution whenever it appears, essentially making them automated pollution cleaners.

You'll still have to keep track of where it popped up so you can restore the WF in the city effected, but you won't have to move and order a clean-up for several workers every time you get pollution.
              Yep thats where I am at RR and mines/irrigation over entire map i control..

Thx again

Gramps
              Attached Files

Comment

If you have the preference set to show advanced options, you can see all the icons for workers task and their commands.

IIRC you can also go to the pedia and look at all the worker options.

BTW the number of workers needed depends on your tech (replacement parts), traits (industrious) and if they are slaves or not. Then cleaning hills and mountain tiles takes more worker turns. So dedicate enough in the stack to handle two mountain tiles at once in one turn.

Comment

Is there any way to have the workers who are set on auto pollution cleaning to NOT jump out of the auto mode when there is no pollution left?
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    If you have the preference set to show advanced options, you can see all the icons for workers task and their commands.

IIRC you can also go to the pedia and look at all the worker options.

BTW the number of workers needed depends on your tech (replacement parts), traits (industrious) and if they are slaves or not. Then cleaning hills and mountain tiles takes more worker turns. So dedicate enough in the stack to handle two mountain tiles at once in one turn.
                    Thanks

I wont that game and finished off the Story so look forward as I come up with my next storyline!

These helpful replies are a blessing!

Peace

Gramps
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                      Is there any way to have the workers who are set on auto pollution cleaning to NOT jump out of the auto mode when there is no pollution left?
                      So long as you've got your whole empire improved alrady, just use SHIFT+A for automation rather than the SHIFT+P pollution command. SHIFT+P will indeed snap them out of it once all the pollution is gone, but SHIFT+A workers without tiles to improve or pollution to clean will simply move inside a city and start skipping their turns (until a worker job like pollution comes up).

Comment

This is probably blasphemy, but if you have your cities managed by the happiness governor, your citizens will automatically be put back to work on your next turn. I wouldn't do this until late in the game when your cities are already at or near their max size. You do lose the polluted tile's contribution to food/shields/commerce for 1 turn, but overall it's a great reduction to worker tedium and is well worth it to me.

And no, I don't play above Emporer level and frankly, this is one of the reasons why. Can't stand pointless MM.

Comment

If the city is already at max population and works all 20 tiles, that sounds like a good solution to having to restore polluted-out citizens. Thanks for bringing it up.

Though if you use it in cities you haven't maxxed out... blasphemer!

Comment

If the city is already at max population and works all 20 tiles, that sounds like a good solution to having to restore polluted-out citizens. Thanks for bringing it up.

Though if you use it in cities you haven't maxxed out... blasphemer!
                            so much to learn but I appreciate all the input and feedback..

Comment

Working...
                            X