Military advisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military advisor

Sometimes the military advisor claims that "Our army is stronger" than civ A, but when I'm talking to civ A in the diplo screen, the diplo advisor calims that "The <> military is about the same size as ours"

How can you explain the difference?

"about" the same size could mean a little bigger or a little smaller. if you happen to be a little bigger, then you are stronger...

Comment

But what is the maximal diffrence in troops (maybe it's a %) that will still be considered as 'about the same size'?

Comment

When the strength of your troops is 125% of the strenght of the other party troops, the military advisor changes his line to "...we have a strong military". When you drop to 80% of the other party strength, he starts babbling about "...we have a weak military". However, take his words with a grain of salt, as there is a lot of factors affecting the precise "strength" used for this purpose.

Comment

I haven't figured that out. I just try to be the same size or bigger. If you are smaller, they are more likely to pick on you. Esp. if they are on the same continent.

Comment

Somebody can give you the exact percentages (I think they're at the CFC War Academy), but my first thought is that you may have more advanced units, meaning that in number alone, they are about the same size, but in power, you're stronger.

It's probably just that your strength lies in an overlap area between what the MA considers stronger and the FA considers same size, though.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The Mil Adv uses a fairly complicated formula for determining military strength, taking account of A/D values and HP counts.

The For Adv, IIRC, still uses a simple unit count.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
              X