city radius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• city radius

is there any way to see an outline of the city radii on the map screen?

not that I can find unfortunately.

I just push ctrl-G to get the grid up, and manually deduce where the city radius is. You pick up on it pretty quick. I can do it quickly. Usually I don't even have to bring the grid up, unless the terrain type is tricky, I might bring it up to make sure I'm going to the right spot.

Comment

double post
      Last edited by Last Conformist; July 16, 2004, 12:25.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I thought there was a preference setting for it?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I seem to recall one in C2 and SMAC...

Comment

No. Unfortunately they didn't include that in Civ 3. I wish they would have, and I don't really understand why they didn't.

Comment

Probably just an oversight.

Comment

With any luck, it's gonna be back in CivIV.

Comment

Civ2 highlighted city radius when the grid was on, but it was always too distracting looking. I was actually pleased when Civ3 did away with it. I dunno, I guess I've stared at Civ maps so much over the years the I always see the "fat X" mentally.

Comment

I was just about to do a post about this. I know there's no way to see the city radius but they should add it to the next patch. It should be just the city radius border in white lines w/out the map grid, like in SMAC.
                    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

On the plus side, innit cool how you can see the radius of a potential new city if you have an active settler outside of your current territory just by hovering the cursor (clicked and held) over a tile?
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I've never found it that helpful - once you get used to the basic shape you should be able to figure it out. And there is always the grid setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          With any luck, it's gonna be back in CivIV.
                          It's cIV! Get it right! :doitnow:

Comment

Well it is hardly the most pressing feature needed for the game. For me, I feel the combat needs balancing up. I just get a feeling that the odds are stacked against you in favour of the AI, despite what the powers-that-be say. I think there is some internal modifier for the AI. The numbers just don't correlate.

Comment

it's been confirmed both by firaxis and independently, by posters, that combat is exactly the same for AI and human and that the difficulty level has no effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X