"Slow is surprisingly good"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Slow is surprisingly good"

Not playing Iroquois as a warmonger... the kid should be shot.

And if that's the best PR Civ3 gets out in the world... so should we all.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Normally I can understand what you are talking about Theseus... but I'm at a total loss here!

Comment

Hey T, is this meant for some other thread? Or did you pull one of my stunts and leave out the key stuff?
      Last edited by vmxa1; July 15, 2004, 00:55.

Comment

I'm intrigued, though. I'll give you that.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

ditto....

but :interested:
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Check the news, guys (top right) - that's what Theseus is talking about.

Comment

maybe Theseus should be let to coach the kid on how to be the most powerful nation instead of being in second place ;D
              Cattletech claims another 5 Million victims

Comment

Without the reference to the news article that was very obscure, but now makes perfect sense.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yep, makes sense now, and I couldn't agree more with Theseus.

" Best of all, he didn't have to devote precious resources amassing armies..."

WTF is this ***** babbling about? He's missing out on the best part of the game. I'm not ready to shoot the kid, though he does bear some blame, but it's obvious mom needs a boot to the head for brainwashing him and encouraging him not to play Iroquois as a warmonger.
                  Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

okay...now I understand.

I'm glad he likes Civ, too bad he doesn't get it.

pummeled, then shot.

Comment

Next he's probably going to go for a diplomatic win as the Germans.

Comment

Theseus, why not play him in a PBEM? show the way to The Darkside...
                        Last edited by Krill; July 15, 2004, 15:52.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of context!!
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Next he's probably going to go for a diplomatic win as the Germans.

Or a Spaceship win with the Hittites.

Comment

ahhh, it all makes sense now.

how old is this kid anyways?

edit: after Diss finally gets around to readin the article. 11 years old.

pretty smart for 11. When I was 11 I did not play complicated games like civ. Of course there weren't any games like civ3 when I was a kid. At least none that I know of. I did play wasteland, but I wasn't good enough to finish it. That game was hard when I was that young.

And they say Civ3 doesn't have multiplayer. Well I assume she bought only the original civ. Because there is multiplayer- so I'm told

The fact is, most games I play are slow. the fastest game I play is probably Diablo2.
                              Last edited by Dis; July 15, 2004, 15:49.

Comment

Working...
                              X