Strategic Missile Defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategic Missile Defense?

Does anyone know whether the SDI small wonder intercepts Tactical Nuclear Missiles when launched at cities? Per the Civilopedia entry, it states ICBMs, but in the editor the ability is to stop missiles, in the generic sense.

Try it out. I've never had a game go that far, and now I'm curious.
    Seems likely, though, that it would be ICBM only.
    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I have never seen the difference between ICBM and TacNuc impact, and I don't even know if the AI builds TacNucs. But my SDI has always intercepted more than its 75% share of incoming, often 100%.

I would assume they catch the TacNucs also. Just build the SDI and don't worry about it; the AI will probably not target what you would consider a high-value target in the first place.

Comment

I have only limited exposure to using SDI, but I don't recall anything but ICBM's being launched.

The AI will build tactical nukes. I am not saying it does not use them, only I have not noticed it.

I would guess SDI treats them both the same.

Comment

I would assume it discriminates based on the "nuke" flag rather than the "ICBM" one.

Comment

yes.. the SDI does shoot down Tact nukes. Infact it shoots down everything with the "nuke" flag.

And yes, the AI does also build tact nukes - he likes to put them on subs near my territory

Comment

Working...
            X