What the map generator cooks up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the map generator cooks up...

Just thought I would post this for general entertainment purposes...

Anyone think I have a chance (Deity difficulty)?
    Attached Files
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Re: What the map generator cooks up...

Originally posted by Dominae
    Anyone think I have a chance (Deity difficulty)?
    Not me!

Comment

"Well, I guess it all depends on what the southern half of the continent looks like", I hear you exclaim.

Attached Files

Comment

Well at least you won't have to worry about invasion for awhile, if the vikes are not in the game.

Of course with this kind of luck they will be on the next land mass over. I see you got lots of use out the expansion trait. Very mean.

Comment

Comment

this is not a game, it's a nightmare...
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

maybe I should take screen shots of some of my poor starts. I'll have to remember to do that next time.

those are some funky looking graphics. are you using a graphics mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                those are some funky looking graphics. are you using a graphics mod?
                Yes, Warpstorm's watercolor terrain mod. I'm quite fond of it.

Comment

Make this an AU course

Comment

Oh man, I've hade some rotten starts myself but not quite that bad
                    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

It's actually a pretty decent place long term, and you should have enough time to take advantage of it. Problem with using lots of costal tiles (which you can do here) is that you won't have great production. Having all those Hills though will counteract it. You also have a good bit of late game Grasslands.

Why did you settle on the start though? You need 2 +2 tiles to build Settlers at any kind of decent clip, and were on the end of a narrow landmass to boot (ie. poorly centered Palace). You take a bit of a chance going nomad... that there won't be anything better... but with that start I'd figure 99% of the time you're going to find better on your landmass.

Comment

When I originally saw the starting location, I did go "nomad" because of Settler problem you mention. I just thought it would make for better screenshots to go back and settle right away.

After scouting around a bit, I decided not to play this one; regardless of the long-term potential of this starting location (which IMO is that that great...it's a rather small island), this would have been a tough Deity game, which I was not quite in the mood for.

Comment

It happens to all games. In smac/x I was the Caretakers. It spawned my mortal rivals, the Usurpers, on a 1 tile island. I wiped them out the second I found them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae

Yes, Warpstorm's watercolor terrain mod. I'm quite fond of it.
                            really?

actually. I hate it

I'll stick to snoppy's terrain for now.

Comment

That's one nice start.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X