Accelerated Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerated Production

This might be the wrong forum but I'm new here. I just wanted to know if there is any reason not to use this option?

For me the game just takes to long when the production is accelerated. Now that may be a common Noob observation but hopefully some of the Veterans could enlighten me.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

It's a matter of taste.

If you want a shorter game and you don't mind your units becoming obsolete before you can move them to their target, then AP is for you.

If you decide to play under AP, make sure you use the QuickCiv scenario that comes with C3C, which fixes a number of balance issues that exist when using AP.

Personally, I enjoy long games, and I think the tech pace is already too fast for the speed of the units. So not only do I hate AP, I would even play under decelerated production, if that were an option.

Comment

I agree with alexman completely. My few contacts with AP from DL games was not very satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
        So not only do I hate AP, I would even play under decelerated production, if that were an option.
        It is an option....it's called the Tarzan Mod

Strictly for masochists only!!
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I'm no masochist.

As for acel production.

It's okay. But it doesn't feel right to have tanks in 1100 AD

Comment

As has been said, it's a matter of taste.
            There are games I start where I'd rather move to the modern age quickly, so I turn on AP, but such games are infrequent.
            There are other games where I plan on settling in for the long haul and AP is not, then, an option. That's my usual way of playing.
            On the whole, tho', I'm glad the option exists.
            "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I never play AP on SP. However, I'm in a couple of PBEM games with 2 civs each and AP and it's a helluva fun rollercoaster ride
              So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
              Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I never liked it, not for SP and not for MP.
                It's just not civ anymore. Civ needs to be a sloooow game. I like the current rate. I'm not sure if I would be in decelerated production.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                X