Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Hired Gun for Safari Expedition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Hired Gun for Safari Expedition...

In the PBEM forum.
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Why post that here then.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Because the idea was generated in this forum and most of the players are regulars here...

Comment

I don't think there are many who reads the PBEM forum on a regular basis. I imagine most just check the threads their are following and leave the rest alone. Posting here makes much sense.
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by bongo
          I don't think there are many who reads the PBEM forum on a regular basis. I imagine most just check the threads their are following and leave the rest alone. Posting here makes much sense.
          Posting here to get attention because the forum it normally would go in isn't read on a regular basis makes sense? The GalCiv forum isn't being read much either. (Checking site rules... )
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

It's not a matter of the PBEM forum not being read much- it has so much traffic that a new thread ends up on the third page within 24 hours. But the main reason I posted here was that this game has been of particular interest to the regulars of this forum, generating enough interest that we had to split into two games...

BTW, it looks like the vacancy has been filled, but thanks for the bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel2D
              It's not a matter of the PBEM forum not being read much- it has so much traffic that a new thread ends up on the third page within 24 hours.
              I've noticed that problem on the OT forum as well.

Comment

One solution: Don't go there

Rommel2D , yeah, the PBEM is far to noisy if you want to make some sort of announcement.
                Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

One solution: Don't go there
                  Can't stop. Too habit forming.

Comment

What, an Off Topic addict is policing the real forums for topical content?

Comment

I prefer the real forums.

Comment

I would like to vollenteer

I may be new here, but I have played one or two hotseat games
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

You have chosen wisely, bongo.

on a more serious level, I totally agree bongo. =)

Comment

Working...
                          X