• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• play in windowd mode

yeah can i play civ in windowed mode ?

Nope.

Comment

Sort of, though that does involve changing the INI. file.
      Anyway it's not a real windows mode, but something close to it.

BTW, the windows key works very well.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Just to say, I know there MAY be some few good reasons to play civ3 in Windows mode, but anyway..

WHO WOULD?

Just explain why to play in windowed mode.
        Era de noche, y sin embargo llovía...

Estoy participando en PBEM Los 4 PuNtos, ¡Ponte otra de Grog! y Vive le France!

Comment

KeepRes=1
          VideoMode=1280

to the .ini file .. for example conquests.ini if you are playing conq. That's not true windowed, but better than the crappy original FS mode. Doesn't work with custom resolutions like 1360*1020, but for example 1280*1024 seemed to work fine.

Fullscreen sucks. I'm using an operating system called "windows", not "fullscreen". I want windows. Thank you.

Forgot to say that Firaxis will not make windowed mode. I asked about it a couple of years ago and they said no.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragelonne
            Just to say, I know there MAY be some few good reasons to play civ3 in Windows mode, but anyway..

WHO WOULD?

Just explain why to play in windowed mode.
            To play at work maybe.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

To play at work maybe.
              Just press the Windows key + D. That will reduce everything that's onscreen to your taskbar.

Comment

Working...
              X