No announcement yet.

Wierd situation; please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why hasn't anyone mentioned armies? I had two resource poor games in a row where I would be dead without them.

In the first I had no iron or horses, so I started a campaign against the zulus with spears, archers and catapults. The first two cites fell in a few turns, then the zulus hit me with their counterattack. Ouch. But I was ready for them, I dug in quite good, I was just sitting there bombarding, attacking and gaining experience. Before long I had my first leader. As I was about to research invention(or whatever gives longbowmen) I waited a couple of turns so I could fill the army with longbowmen.

Poor zulus, after I got my second LB army I was just running over them. An LB army would probably be effective even against riflemen. You could laugh at immortals.
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Interesting thought, LB Armies.... you had them running with Knights, I guess?
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Nope, no iron in the game so far. I put the LB in an army both to get the attack bonus, and that extra movement point(no horses either so an army was my only way of getting a fast unit). Essentially a 6/1.5/2 units with blitz ability. Perfect for taking down the hordes of impis
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
        X