C3C Bug - Keep getting the American Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3C Bug - Keep getting the American Civs

Has anyone else found that they keep getting the same civ opponents in every game, despite being supposedly random?

On two different PC's, on Standard maps I ALWAYS get Iroqs, Maya, Inca, Aztec, USA, and I'm sick of them.

Cultural Linkage? No chance - I always get the above unless I go into the INI file and manually delete the sections referring to which Civs.

I've found that turning off culturally linked start positions fixes this for me, there appears to be a bug with CLSP. If you've tried this and it still doesn't work, I don't know what to suggest.

Comment

Good, so it's not just me. I'll do some testing on the CLSP and INI file settings...

Comment

It has been reported as an issue before, so you would seem to have lots of company.

Comment

It's a known bug with CLSP in C3C. Possibly caused by the extra civs added.

Solution: Don't use CLSP
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Theoretically, CLSP only affects the civs starting locations, not civ types.
            I haven't played C3C for a while. If I turn on CLSP, but manually selects a few civs, will the other random civs be automatically American civs?
            If not, maybe a workaround for this problem is to manually select at least 1 AI civ.

Comment

That's a new idea, AFAIK. Could be worth trying.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I still get this even with Culturally Linked Starting Locations turned off. I find that the civs I get as opponents depend on which civ I choose to play... and I always get the same one for those civs. I really don't like that.

Comment

Lol....EVERY single game I've ever played of Civ 3 and now Civ 3 conquests I've played against the French.

Which I dont mind , because they're always cool to me...

=)

But I just find it odd....EVERY single time I've played.

And on my first Conquests game last night they were a huge factor in my win.

Its strange.....

Comment

When I play with 31 civs I always get the same civs as well
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                    X