Can't resume saved multiplayer game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't resume saved multiplayer game

Me and two others were playing a game online, with each of us running Conquests 1.22. Everything went fine until my connection acted up a bit and I got booted. That was only to be expected sooner or later, so we tried to resume the game from an autosave.

Well, that didn't work. I managed to set up the game fine, but when my friends tried to join, they got weird errors - "Error loading MPSave.sav" and "DataIO operation system error: DATE" upon receiving the saved game. After we'd scratched our heads a few times, they tried to host the game, but with little success - I couldn't connect to them, probably due to their firewalls or something. We tried earlier autosaves, but it didn't help.

Then they tried sending their autosaves to me, in case mine had gotten corrupt or something. This time I got the "DataIO operation system error: DATE" error while trying to load them. I did get to the game setup screen, but the civilization I'd played was missing from it. Friend A managed to set up an autosave he'd got from friend B without difficulty, but it wasn't of much help since we couldn't connect to him.

Finally, after trying a bunch of things, we just gave up. Friend B left at this point, so I and friend A started a new game between us two. It went just fine 'till my connection hiccuped again, and - guess what - the same error popped up when we tried to resume the game. At this point we said 'screw it' and stopped playing.

It should be noted that I've played a lot of games with a third friend, and never had this sort of trouble. Those saves have always resumed without a hitch.

Any ideas as to what might be the problem and what might be done about it?

Three of the autosaves are here: http://www.saunalahti.fi/~tspro1/Civ/ (friend A and friend B from the first game, plus my autosave (Xuenay.sav) from the second game)
    Last edited by Xuenay; June 27, 2004, 21:06.
    The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666
Working...
X