Question about reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about reputation

Do you suffer a rep hit if you're forced to burn the city down (as in it has 1 citizen and no culture?)
    I always hear about the innocent bystanders. Where are all of the guilty ones? -Vince278

+1 if you raze the city of another AI. +12 if you raze a city of that civ. Other civs don’t add any more penalties than the standard +1 if the city had contained any Great wonders. It doesn’t look like the victim adds more than the +12 permanent penalty either, but there may be a temporary penalty.

The above is straight from Bamspeedy.

Comment

So, even if you have no choice? Like, if it has 1 citizen AND no culture, you have no choice but to burn it down. Surely if the AI knows how much gpt you get it can tell if you had no choice...right?
      I always hear about the innocent bystanders. Where are all of the guilty ones? -Vince278

Comment

vmxa1, doesn't this relate to attitude points rather than reputation? The rep hit depends on the circumstances in which the war originally came about. ie, if you had a gpt or luxury deal going and declared war, thus breaking the deal early, you would suffer a rep hit. If not, declaring war would clearly affect AI attitude, but not your reputation.
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Why should it be valid to murder thousands of people only because there's not much culture?
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Don;t you guys know anything about the game?
            If you conquer a city that has 1 citizen AND no culture, it forces you to burn it down.

Prove me wrong.

Unfortunately, I will be on vacation for 2 and a half days.

Expect my feedback then.

Comment

IMHO, no ones implying you're wrong.
              Being forced to destroy the city, and taking a hit to your rep, is just part of the game mechanics. I accept it as such, but it does lead to the interesting moral question of being forced to murder thousands. But I gave up questioning that a long time ago (in the game, of course!)
              "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Originally posted by bob rulz
                So, even if you have no choice? Like, if it has 1 citizen AND no culture, you have no choice but to burn it down. Surely if the AI knows how much gpt you get it can tell if you had no choice...right?
                It was not coded to deal with that level of sophistry. I suspect that in order to prevent some exploits, they opted to make it straight forward.

You were the cause of the city being razed and hence it hurts your relationship. If you have a deal and that broke it, it hurts your rep. It does not matter if you intended it or not.

As to all the lost lives, it has only been in the last 100-150 years that anyone cared about that issue. Civs have kill whole population throughout history and in fact still do.

Comment

Re: Question about reputation

Originally posted by bob rulz
                  Do you suffer a rep hit if you're forced to burn the city down (as in it has 1 citizen and no culture?)
                  To be clear, Razing cities has NO affect on REPUTATION.
                  It only affects ATTITUDE, and I believe it doesn't matter whether you did it voluntarily. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

If you want to make sure that a city with 1-radius has culture, keep on chasing the civ's capital since the palace generates culture (but don't take more than 1 of the civ's capital in the same turn).

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                    Why should it be valid to murder thousands of people only because there's not much culture?
                    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Kucinich

Why not?
                      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

of course the AI attitude should be agianst you if you destroy a size 1 city.. and yes you did it on purpose by launching an attack on the little city in first place...

In a MP game, if you attacked me and one of my citys was razed i woulodnt stop till had razed a few of yours....
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                          Are you kidding? This happened way too many times throughout history.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Innocent lives always lost in war ///
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Hate to see it in the real world. Love to do it in Civ.

Comment

Working...
                              X