No announcement yet.

Optimal Trading (newbies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Optimal Trading (newbies)

Originally posted by IthacaMike

I just tested it in a save game where I was obtaining my sixth Luxury. With the Luxury slider at 0% the sixth Luxury cost 911 gold. With the Luxury slider at 100% the sixth Luxury cost 911 gold.

It looks like adjusting the Luxury slider berfor trading has no effect on the true cost of an additional Luxury.
    Just to check - did setting the luxury slider to 100% make every person happy in at least some cities?

If you don't max out happiness in some cities, then you still gain the same number of smiley faces regardless of where you put the slider (and if you have every city in your empire happy then presumably you cannot gain from any more smiley faces, so you should get the luxury for free if that is really how the AI values luxuries).

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Optimal Trading (newbies)

Originally posted by vulture

Just to check - did setting the luxury slider to 100% make every person happy in at least some cities?
      That is a very good question. Yes, in fact with the luxury slider at 100% almost all my people were happy and I was losing a ton of money. With the luxury slider at 0% about a third of my people were unhappy.

IhacaMike

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
        I am pretty sure I've seen the AI ask for more money if it only has 1 available resource. For example, the AI has 2 silks and 1 spice. It may expect more for the spice, probably because it has 2 opportunities to trade the silk.
        Catt did a study about monopolies at one point... I vaguely remember that they DO count.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
        X