Reinstall problem! Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstall problem! Help!!!

I tried to reinstall C3C and now when the InstallShield program is booting up I get this message:

"An installation support file

'C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\{F31BC49F-AB7B-AB7B-4A53-A399-EB7331B585BC}\setup.inx'

could not be installed.

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

I need help?!
    "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

I'm not sure what that means... but perhaps try moving all the files in that directory to another one? (Don't delete them just in case)

Comment

Are you re-installing C3C with the disk fresh back on your harddrive or having 'InstallShield' reinstall the program from a 'temp' file used for same by 'InstallShield'.

If the latter, these 'temp' files can corrupt. Except for backing up yourself manually your 'saved games' and 'scenarios' in generic file names. Also clean install from the CIV disks.

Hope this helps
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

I'd probably try ensuring the registry is clear of any traces and erase anything in any temp directories before trying to install again.
        (I wouldn't recommend hacking your registry though unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing.)
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
        X