Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with war weariness-peace or communism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bob rulz
    I need a step-by-step overview of how to do this. I am not very computer literate.
    Ok what are we talking about here? Setting up a new run or a screenshot from a game?

If starting the run, just save the 4000bc before you do anything and post it.

Then play 40 turns and save at around 2190bc. Post that. You know how to do that as you already did one.

I will download the 4000bc and play it. When you post the 2190, I will DL it and see what it looks like. If anything sticks out that looks like something worth discussing I will post a step by step turn play and we can see what the impact is. Then go on from there in an attempt to see if we can get some strategy that will let you take the lead, at least by the start of the middle ages.

Hopefully way before that. You should be able to be the tech leader quite early if you have a decent civ and start location.

Now as to screen shots. How are you capturing them? If you use PrtScr, it will put the screen in the clipboard. This can be pasted into Paint. Once it is Paint, you can save it to your HD.

I save mine to the desktop as it is easy to find them. Once there and if it is in the filetype allowed, such as jpeg, bmp and such and it is samll enough (less 500K), you can use the attach file below the post repy box. It has a Browse buton to let you point to the picture on your HD.

Comment

Originally posted by bob rulz
      I need a step-by-step overview of how to do this. I am not very computer literate.
      Ok what are we talking about here? Setting up a new run or a screenshot from a game?

If starting the run, just save the 4000bc before you do anything and post it.

Then play 40 turns and save at around 2190bc. Post that. You know how to do that as you already did one.

I will download the 4000bc and play it. When you post the 2190, I will DL it and see what it looks like. If anything sticks out that looks like something worth discussing I will post a step by step turn play and we can see what the impact is. Then go on from there in an attempt to see if we can get some strategy that will let you take the lead, at least by the start of the middle ages.

Hopefully way before that. You should be able to be the tech leader quite early if you have a decent civ and start location.

Now as to screen shots. How are you capturing them? If you use PrtScr, it will put the screen in the clipboard. This can be pasted into Paint. Once it is Paint, you can save it to your HD.

I save mine to the desktop as it is easy to find them. Once there and if it is in the filetype allowed, such as jpeg, bmp and such and it is samll enough (less 500K), you can use the attach file below the post repy box. It has a Browse buton to let you point to the picture on your HD.

Comment

Okay, you just wanted me to post the save? Is that what you were implying way up there? Okay, well, I hope oyu don't mind if I already placed the first city. To me, it looks like a good spot. I'm Carthage, which I've heard is good, but I've never actually played as them before, and it looks like I do indeed have a good starting poistion. here is my 4000BC save, after I placed the first city...
        I always hear about the innocent bystanders. Where are all of the guilty ones? -Vince278

Comment

Okay, I did this attachment thing before...

Damn I must be tired too
          Last edited by bob rulz; June 27, 2004, 02:10.
          I always hear about the innocent bystanders. Where are all of the guilty ones? -Vince278

Comment

Just use the same browse function in the attach file section. It needs to be less than 500k as well, so autosave may be a problem.

Comment

I know the browse button is supposed to be right at the bottom of the post composition box. That's what it says in the FAQ, and that's where it was before

Comment

Yo have to use the post repy and not the quick reply, then look just below the window.

Comment

Otherwise just email to vmxa [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
                  Last edited by vmxa1; June 27, 2004, 02:24.

Comment

That's what I did, but I don't see the browse button there. It was there before and it's supposed to be there

Comment

Yes, I just ran into the same thing, looks like a board malfunction.

Comment

Okay, I'll email it to you

Comment

Did you get it?

Comment

Not yet.

whoops I left off the NET part.

Comment

oh okay, you should get it now.

I automatically assumed it was dot com. Heh

Comment

get it?

Comment

Working...
                                X