Nethog's CONQUESTS Tech Tree & Unit Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nethog's CONQUESTS Tech Tree & Unit Summary

I have added a tech tree and unit summary for Civ 3 CONQUESTS to my web site

I have just purchased CONQUESTS and spent some time creating this reference info. As a result, I haven't given my reference info a dry run yet! So if you find any errors please let me know so I can update the files.
    Nethog

Wow! That's a lot of great information there. I know I'll be using it. Thanks!

A few corrections on workers. The number of turns for workers to complete their actions is dependent on quite a few factors.
    Terrain improvement is terrain depedent, e.g. It takes longer to mine hills than grass.
    Industrious workers are 50% more efficient, 100% pre C3C.
    Replaceable Parts doubles worker speed.
    Certain governments like Democracy and Fascism also increase worker efficiency, while Anarchy decreases it.
    Slave workers work at half speed but still get the Industrious bonus pre-C3C.

There might be more but that's what I know offhand.

Comment

Thanks Nethog! I've been using your summary for some time and really appreciate your work.
      The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
        A few corrections on workers. The number of turns for workers to complete their actions is dependent on quite a few factors.
        Thanks gunkulator. I am already familiar with the many variations to worker task time but for version 1.0, I just wanted to at list the base amounts. However, I may take your suggestion and incorporate a complete list of all modifiers since the computation of actual worker task time is quite simple. You could have said the same thing about the research costs on my tech tree - the problem is that computing tech costs is not so simple however it is still nice to see the base costs on the tech tree to get a relative feel of costs between techs to use for example during diplomacy.
        Nethog

Comment

Thanks a lot, Nethog!
          I've been desperately waiting for the C3C version, as the PTW version already proved to be very useful.

Comment

I have made a few minor changes to both my tech tree and units summary for Civ 3 Conquests and have posted version 1.1 on my website at http://home.comcast.net/~pmm1/games/games.html
            I have updated the revision history on each document to describe what I have changed.
            Nethog

Comment

Working...
            X