The differences in difficulty levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The differences in difficulty levels

In a poll someone mentioned that Regent is a "level playing field," which strikes me as right, as it is where all my interesting and thoroughly fun games have been. Higher levels are more work than play, especially the two highest, where the ai seems to have an abundance of advantages.
    So I was wondering what the differences in each of the levels are. I checked the faq but found nothing on this, nor is there anything in the manual.
    I know the ai gets extra settlers/warriors on sid, but how do the other levels differ from the level playingfield of regent (both higher and lower)?
    Just curious
    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Go into the editor, open up civ3mod.bi* ( * = q, c, or k, I forget which), and look at the "Difficulty Levels" tab in the rules editor.

Comment

Here it is in a file:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Vmxa1;

Now I don't have to open the editor when I want to refresh my memory.
        The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

Yeah, I find it handy.

Comment

A great little document, vmxa. I snap these up whenever I see them. I had some questions too, but they kinda fizzled when I read the key underneath - VERY thorough!
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I do the same, if I see any thing that I like I put it in my folder.

Comment

Notice that at higher difficulty levels the AI receives a production (cost) bonus and extra starting units and free support. I wonder how the game would play if you gave the AI either the production bonus or the extra/free support units but not all of them. I see as a more steady progression to the higher levels for the Strategically challenge (ie me).

Comment

Working...
                X