Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c3c freezes after ending MP game

Hi there,

I have a slight problem with c3c MP games: Since four weeks every time I try to quit a session/game c3c freezes. I doesn't matter if I try "new game", "quit game" or a game ends because someboy won it. The damn thing freezes and I have to end the process in the taskmanager. This is quite annoying because I don't get any score and neither can see the replay.

I tried "repair" from the install menue and it didn't work. I tried it with Win 2000 and XP and it worked for some time under Windows 2000 (where barely anything else is installed) but then the same thing happened there.

Does anybody have a clue? I think the problem began with patch 1.22 but I'm not really certain.

Thanks for your help,
    rock_it

Try a complete re-install. If that doesn't work then the only thing I could think of is a reformat or something similar.

I used to have the same problem (game would freeze a lot whenever I tried to do something related to MP). I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Civ 3 and haven't had the problem since.

Comment

Uuuuumh

Thanks for the post,

I'll try to reinstall, but I will definitely not format my drive. Do you use NTFS or FAT?

Thx
      Rock_it

Comment

I have Civ 3 installed on my FAT32 partition, though WinXP is on NTFS.

Comment

Working...
        X