Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official forum for Civ

Is there no official forum for Civ?

I would like to know if there is any new Civ game on its way of any kind, and if there is an official forum for Civ I would like to come up with ideas for the next Civ game to improve it.

Can anyone tell me anything about an official Civ forum or if there is any Civ game planned present?
    "The world is a fine place and worth figthing for." (Ernest Hemmingway)
    "Non progredi est regredi"
    "Let's make things better." ("Phillips")

There is an Atari forum (Atari publishes Civ3). But it's not very active, and I'd definitely recommend poly over it.

There is another civ coming eventually; Civ4 is apparently in the very early design phase at Firaxis. Edit: Very early design phase=the actual game is a few years away. But the design of the game will be locked in far before that, so if you have ideas, now is the time to post them.

If you have some ideas for Civ4, try the Civilization Games General/Future Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
      There is an Atari forum (Atari publishes Civ3). But it's not very active, and I'd definitely recommend poly over it.

If you have some ideas for Civ4, try the Civilization Games General/Future Forum.
      Well, the reason i wanted the official forum was because of the "future forum", and thx for telling me about it . What i want is a forum that some of the devs of the game checks from time to time, not that i have anything about discussing with them, but it's eventually the devs that pick what to implement to the game.

Comment

The dev are checking on this forum and CFC from time to time. Mike and Jesse and a few others post here at times and have asked for input on a few sites. I guess I should have mention Soren as well.

Comment

Oh ok, that's what i like. This will surely encourage me to come up with ideas for Civ4. Can i somehow see those three are the devs if i forget their names (e.g. stated in their username or below it as VIP of some sort)?

Comment

You will recognize them. Developers have FIRAXIS in their user name, and publishers have it said under their name (where it says Settler for you).

This forum is almost the official civ forum. Firaxis guys check here every day, and see the relevant things. Also, the List for Civ 4 that is currently under development will, after its compilation, be sent straight to them, so no worries, this is the right place .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ah, sounds great. Thx for the info - guess i will start posting on the future board once i've checked what has already been discussed.

And i see images are not allowed in the signature - is that true, as this is not my first forum and i usally put in a small image that will state a top 5 list for what i would like to have in Civ4.

Another forum had just put in a maximum of pixels for the pic and a maximum file size.

Comment

Nope, we don't allow for signature images here, for several reasons, one of which is that we want our pages to load reasonably fast, but there are other reasons as well .

Don't worry, this is a nice place, and once you start posting enough, you will be known around here (in the areas you post in, that is), and so will be your ideas.

Comment

Can i somehow see those three are the devs if i forget their names (e.g. stated in their username or below it as VIP of some sort)?

Not only Firaxis posts here btw, so the DEV's from BigHugeGames Rise of Nations) and others.

Nope, we don't allow for signature images here,

..and never will !!!!
                  Trust me those images are a pain in the ....after a few days, hmm come to think of it, they are so the first time too.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The BHG devs are great. I remember one of them answering my technical questions 5 minutes after I posted them .

And alva, never try to predict the future decisions of our grand godz .

Comment

Hmmm, somehow I think I'm right this one though.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Yes you are. But someday, something will be changed just for the sake of proving many people wrong .

Comment

I haven't seen much FIRAXIS guys post overhere recently. What is their most recent posting?

I believe they're reading these posts though. (any change you firaxis guys can confirm this )
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                            There is another civ coming eventually; Civ4 is apparently in the very early design phase at Firaxis. Edit: Very early design phase=the actual game is a few years away. But the design of the game will be locked in far before that, so if you have ideas, now is the time to post them.
                            FWIW, publishers hate schedules that go over 2 years. It ties up their money for too long. Since Firaxis has started on it months ago...
                            Seemingly Benign
                            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Target imo is late 05 ( around....say....christmas. )

Comment

Working...
                              X