Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to unload/upgrade units from/in the army?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to unload/upgrade units from/in the army?

I play C3PTW. After a prolonged period of using the leaders only for rush-building the Wonders, I finally decided to experiment with the armies. However, to my dismay, once an army is created, it does not seem possible to unload units from it or even to upgrade units in the army. Am I missing something here?
    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

No you re not missing anything. Once a unit is in the army it cannot be removed or upgraded.

There was a bug that allowed it in some conditions, but it was corrected.

It can be promoted, just like a regular unit though from conscript to elite.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Originally posted by vmxa1
      There was a bug that allowed it in some conditions, but it was corrected.
      But why is it considered a bug?? It's a natural thing to have! Now that I am sure it is impossible, I am not quite sure whether the armies are worth it.

It can be promoted, just like a regular unit though from conscript to elite.
      Yes, I noticed that. Thank God they can at least be promoted!

Comment

Armies were deemed to be too strong to allow upgrades. This is even more the case in C3C where armies have been improved.

The AI would have a lot of trouble trying to deal with the concept of upgrading units in an army, while the human would not.

A few armies can just crush the AI. In C3C you can make armies and the AI will not attack them in the field if they are healthy.

You can use them to funnel AI troops to a choke point and smash them. An early army can turn a game around.

Worst of all the AI will rarely make an army and when it does, it does not use it well. You can see them toss units into battles with 1 HP all the time.

In C3C armies have free pillage, this means you do notuse your movement points to pillage a tile. That is too strong.

Comment

OK, I see. Armies would be too strong if allowed for upgrades. I have not yet had an occasion to really appreciate this by myself though.

Comment

In C3C you can heal them just like regular unit and if in a city with a barrack in one turn. Before you could only heal very slowly.

Free pillage, AI won't attack in the field, extra move point, extra att/def and still more with MA built.

You can use them to destroy the AI at Sid. They are very powerful.
            Even a lowly sword army in the ancient age will let you do a lot of damage.

Comment

While you can't upgrade or unload units in an army, you can disband an army for 100 shields - at least I know you can in C3C.

Comment

Working...
              X