Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought Civ3 & Conquests, which patch...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought Civ3 & Conquests, which patch...?

Greetings,

I just purchased both Civ3 & Conquests. Which patches do I need to download? Can I just download the most recent and recieve all the fixes of the previous patches or must I download all?

Just download the latest C3C patch (1.22, IIRC), unless you want to play the vanilla game, as well, in which case you should also download Civ3 patch 1.29, I think it is. In any event, whichever of the three incarnations (Civ3, PTW or C3C) you're interested in playing, download only the latest patch for.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Can you describe "The Vanilla Game" please. I just did a search but came up empty. Thank you for your first reply.

Comment

Vanilla is a colloquialism used on 'poly, it means the orriginal game, pre-PTW
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

C3C will patch the vanilla Civ to 1.29, so you only need the patch for C3C.

Comment

Learn something new every day. Thanks for the correction, vmxa.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I learn something new every day as well, but I forget about three things.

I installed so many times working with firaxis that I will never forget this one.

Comment

Since you're new to it I'd recommend you play the game awhile before you try any mods, maps, etc. Have fun!
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    I learn something new every day as well, but I forget about three things.
                    +1 -3 = -2 things learned per day

/me mourns the day vmxa has forgotten everything ever learned

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                    X