Question about the unit support cost per city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the unit support cost per city

I have a question about the unit support cost per city.

For example, in Communism, capital city, the unit support is '8'. Does this mean the unit support cost only start from unit number 9, and so on?

Well, I have some really productive cities, which may have produced dozens of units, while there are other cities just struggle to build their city improvements. So, will the total unit number be divided into each city, or each city will be calculated alone?

If it's the later case, how can I reassign (or re-base) a unit from one city to another (just like in CivII days), so to reduce the unit support cost?

I think unit support under communism is 6/6/6 for town/city/metropolis. Or maybe that is in Conquests?
    I recall that in ordinary CivIII the unit support is 2/4/8.

Anyway, the unit costs are calculated empirewide, so there is no reason to worry that unit costs are tied to the cities that builds them.

So for instance if you have 4 cities in Conquests, and even if only your capital city has produced units then you will pay one gold for each unit above 24. Or if in CivIII one gold above 16.

4 metropolises will support 32 units in CivIII, but still only 24 in Conquests.

Comment

Thank you Tripledoc! I am not sure I remember the unit support limit correctly. But 'the unit costs are calculated empirewide' is all I want to know. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X