Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqualung71 - Great idea for a poll.

< sounds of rifling though in-game encyclopedia >
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Close poll

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
        Close poll
        That would be kl-OZ p-OLL?
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

No. That would be kl-OS p-OLL

Comment

I've also heard it as k-LOS p-OLL.

Comment

NM.....You mean it's quite tight, or you want it shut?

Vince.....yeh thanks. And this is a very good moment to give partial credit to Vince278 for this excellent poll. I guess it's time we started our own mutual admiration society
              So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
              Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71

Vince.....yeh thanks. And this is a very good moment to give partial credit to Vince278 for this excellent poll. I guess it's time we started our own mutual admiration society

Both

Comment

Now we only need purge the heretics who mispronounce the name of the games most glorious Korean unit! Heads will roll!
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I always think Fozzie Bear when pronouncing Hwach'a. Regardless of the correct way to pronounce it, I will always say "Wocka wocka."

Comment

I apologize for bringing up the topic! (see the Curragh poll)

Anyhow, I pronounce it either whah'-cha (where 'wh' is pronounced as a single consanant combining w and h) or h-wah'-cha. The ' indicates the stressed syllable.
                      "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71

I'd rather have it tight instead of shut.

And this is also a good moment to give partial credit for the partial credit that was partially credited. You know what they say: Great minds think alike.

Comment

Working...
                        X