Edit Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Question

Sorry, I don't know if this is the correct forum for this question, but I was wondering, is it possible to tweak the rules and use it in an existing game?

If you edit the save file, I don't know if one of the editors here can do that.

Comment

Re: Edit Question

Originally posted by Raleigh
      Sorry, I don't know if this is the correct forum for this question, but I was wondering, is it possible to tweak the rules and use it in an existing game?
      I'm not that familiar with the editor, but I don't think that is possible.

Comment

No unfortunately and the Creation Forum is the correct Forum. However have patience and change the rules and save as in sequence. Such as build One etc. Then as keep play-testing you can migrate the rules to new games. Kind of reversed, but it works.
        The Graveyard Keeper
        Of Creation Forum
        If I can't answer you don't worry
        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

It's not possible with the Editor. There are some fanware that can do such things, to an extent.

Try checking out the Creation and Customization forum at CFC, specifically the part about utilities.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Actually, it's possible, but only if your game was started under unmodded rules. You have to make changes to the conquests.biq file, so that the game thinks you are still playing under stock rules. Make sure you back up your original file. This works because the biq information is not stored in the save for stock rules, but it is stored for mods.

Alternatively, you can use a savegame editor (such as the one Gramphos has written - see the Files section) to edit some of the rules in the save.

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, though, using alexman's method (ie, editing conquests.bix) will cause an error if one of your rule changes is the removal of a tech. That, I beleive, was the reason that pre-1.20 saves could not be loaded into 1.20+, due to the removal of Radio.
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Is that CERTAINLY an error, or possibly one? Without knowing the intricacies of the AI mechanics and how the presence or otherwise of later techs affects their early behaviour, I see no reason that a removed tech would cause any errors, provided the game hasn't reached that tech yet.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                  X