So... does Conquests contain PTW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kloreep
    But there is no difference between fully patched PTW and the PTW that comes on the C3C disk. Carthage is still Ind-Com if you run the PTW executable.
    Not 100% true. They use different copy protection schemes, and if you want to be able to pot away your PTW disc you shal delete the EXE before installing C3C to make PTW locked to the C3C disc and not the PTW one. (Really good since the CopyProtection of PTW was so confusing anyways)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
      Yeah, I bought for €110 on civ3-stuff or something.....
      I won't start on how much I paid for my complete civ-collection......

Sid owns me....!
      I'm not hot on the cost of games in the €uro-zone, but that seems expensive for a game and two expansions. I wouldn't have to pay more than £60 at release costs, and that's about €90 tops.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I think I bought civ3 for €50 and both expansions for something €30
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I think that the costs in Sweden were about 500 + 250 + 250 SEK which would be about €110.

Comment

add-ons are very pricy in europe.
            sometimes I wonder if the resellers know the difference between an add-on and a basic-game....

Comment

Costs in NZ, I gotta get Civ and PTW as a set for about $60 and then Conquests on top of that for about $60 aswell. Prices in NZ are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                add-ons are very pricy in europe.
                sometimes I wonder if the resellers know the difference between an add-on and a basic-game....
                They know. Add ons are usually in range 200 to 300 SEK while games is in range 450 to 600 SEK, and most games are around 500.

Hwevever, they don't seem to know when an addon includes the earlier add ons. (Or are just stupid to try to sell the earlier for the smae price as the later) But for Civ3 the did lower the price for PTW once C3C got out.

Comment

anyone think PTW owners should get a discount? (downloading the added Conquests features from the net for $10-15 sound good?)
                  I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

PTW owners did get screwed.
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                    2004 Presidential Candidate
                    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

PTW owners should get firaxis stocks
                      I'm afraid I've invested more in civ so far than Sid himself

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                        Costs in NZ, I gotta get Civ and PTW as a set for about $60 and then Conquests on top of that for about $60 aswell. Prices in NZ are stupid.

Where are YOU buying? I got Civ3 as soon as it was released for $95, but PtW was and still is only $55, and Conquests only $30 since release day. Now you can get Civ3 Gold for $45 or the re-release of Civ3 Vanilla for $30, so you can have the whole lot for $60..... (which is ~ 20 Pounds, 30 Euros, or somewhere like $38US).
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Link 1 - Gamesman

Link 2 - Central Park(Website not yet up and running, but they still take orders via email or phone).

And these are just the ones with websites, and in Welly. There must be loads more who send round the country...
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Where are YOU buying? I got Civ3 as soon as it was released for $95, but PtW was and still is only $55, and Conquests only $30 since release day. Now you can get Civ3 Gold for $45 or the re-release of Civ3 Vanilla for $30, so you can have the whole lot for $60..... (which is ~ 20 Pounds, 30 Euros, or somewhere like $38US).
                            Whew...Thought you were talking about (90) American dollars there for a second.

I paid $50 for Civ III, $20 for PTW and $30 for Conquests. I bought all of them within 30 days of their release.
                            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                              PTW owners did get screwed.
                              I enjoyed getting screwed. err...not meant in an obscene way...anyway. Probably the best game of Civ3 I ever played was on PTW as the Mongols. I never finished the game -- in fact, I rarely play a Civ game to completion -- my downfall here was being too greedy and trying to take everyone on my continent out before they made external contacts. I eventually realized this wasn't going to happen and decided to stop...that, and managing an empire of that size -- the first time I had such a large one -- was getting tedious. I owned maybe a good 1/3 of the continent, since I eliminated both China and Japan, my immediate neighbors. I think Germany, Russia, and England were on the same continent, and maybe one other civ.

- Kef
                              I AM.BUDDHIST

Comment

Working...
                              X