Patches: not online, what can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches: not online, what can I do?

Okay, I admit. I'm a technoflop. I play Civ at home, where my computer is not online. I've never bothered with patches. Now I want 'em. Short of getting an internet connection at home (not to be considered at the moment--for every other purpose, work is the only place I need to be online), how can I patch the game?
    I considered lugging my cpu here (at work) and hooking it up. But will that work?
    Can I download a patch at work (w/out Civ being on the computer), put it on a cd or disc and take it home?
    Do I wait for a stormy night and sacrifice a goat to the gods of cyberspace?
    Please help--I've already put a downpayment on the goat.
    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Yes, you can download without the game. C3C 1.22 is about 10MB.

By now the game mags should have this patch on their CD. So buy a copy of PC Gamer and get it from there if all else fails.

For CivIII and PTW, you get the final patch with C3C.

You could find a friend to DL it as well. The problem is you need to burn it to a CD or use a bunch of floppies.

Comment

Thank you, vmxa1. PC Gamer it is.
      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Working...
      X