AI won't build Armies fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI won't build Armies fix

The solution is really very simple; just change the battle created unit from Leader to Army. That the way the AI won't have a choice of what to do with it, and won't waste a Leader rushing a Spearman, or some other stupid thing. Of course, that means the human player will no longer be able to rush Small Wonders.

With that. also build an leader only unit that rushes improvements and have it appear only by combat via enslavement. This splits the two functions which might then be better utlized by the AI routines.
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

In C3C an alternative method is for Sun Tzu's Art of War (major wonder) and Military Academy (minor wonder) to automatically produce armies. I use 30-turn intervals. Sun Tzu's includes the "increased army value" flag but the Military Academy does not (Mil Academy cannot also BUILD armies).

I have seen AI armies anywhere from 1 to 4 units strong. Often, the AI will mix offensive and defensive units within the army (fast and slow units). Sometimes they are used offensively, sometimes they are homebodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
        In C3C an alternative method is for Sun Tzu's Art of War (major wonder) and Military Academy (minor wonder) to automatically produce armies. I use 30-turn intervals. Sun Tzu's includes the "increased army value" flag but the Military Academy does not (Mil Academy cannot also BUILD armies).
        It seems that's the only way to get the AI to use Armies now. Apparently you can't have more than one battle created unit at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X