Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of Sync errors (best name I can give them)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Sync errors (best name I can give them)

I came to this forum hoping to see a ton of info about this problem, but there dosen't seem to be much.

I get this error alot. What happens is, the game freezes after a unit finishes it full movement. The 'active unit' cursor remains animated under the unit, but nothing can be done except clicking on the button to end the current turn or I can wait (usually around 5mins or so) and then gameplay will return to normal, but when the next unit finishes it's turn the error returns.

This happens, sometimes at random, but mostly after I load a saved game (from the current version). Sometimes though it happens during a completely new game.

It can happen after a unit finishes it's move, after I attack an enemy unit, after I take a goodie hut, or after I found a new city.

I had this problem with the original 'out of the box' civ3, but solved it by turning off the 'preserve random seed' option. After doing this it would only happen, quite reliably actually, while continuing the game after it had already been finished. All of the patches (including PTW) seemed to work fine except, of course, after the natural end of the game like in previous versions. However, with the conquests patches it has returned in full force.

I am using conquests 1.20 right now. Does anyone else have this problem? I recently did a complete uninstall and re-install of the game. Didn't help. I would be grateful for any help.
Working...
X