Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbidden Palace Placement in Conquests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want an example, this is my present game (I'm playing it now)

Here is a pic.

This was my first real try at attacking the AI on emperor, and it seems to be going well (two sword armies, an SGL from philo, used on the pyramids) and waaay to many cities to control.

I'm 3/4 the way through the middle ages, and I will change to communism.

On the FP

the land surrounding it is OK, but with few hills there will not be any 1-turn tank producing cities (unless I go to metroes, but will be a waste of land). So I'm going to have a about forty 2~4 turn tank producers by the time I hit motorized transport

If I even get there
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Krill; May 24, 2004, 10:40.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

DP
      Last edited by Krill; May 24, 2004, 10:39.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Just to clarify my earlier post, I subscribe to Arrian's thinking that the best FP location is probably your 3rd ring of cities from the Palace (though partly dependent on map size and difficulty level). This will likely be the most effectived location, since you minimise distance corruption and rank corruption at that location should still be manageable. Because of existing corruption however, it will almost certainly take longer to build unless you're lucky enough to have a spare Leader lying around.

I'm not particularly a proponent of the palace jump idea, but it is true that building your FP next to your capital will generally allow earlier completion and hence a quicker drop in overall corruption in your empire, and for longer term benefits of lower distance corruption in a greater number of cities you then really need to move your palace, again probably to the 3rd ring of cities from your FP.

It's a trade-off really.

My understanding of corruption under communism is that the FP location is totally irrelevant, since distance corruption is communal and the FP does not affect individual city ranks.
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Yes, but any gov change depends on how the wars finnish: I could break through the aztecs easily, and a change would slow me down, or I might decide to finish the game with a space ship. I might even decide to change to fascism (for the hell of it). In this case I will disband several cities so I can get a few (about a dozen) metropolises, and then the distance corruption will be affected.

If you check my save I'm buiding the heroic epic and I could change that to the FP.

So basically, I'm hedging my bets

EDIT: I would, of course, move the secret police to a more sutable position, such as Orleans

Comment

Working...
          X