Well, this is odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this is odd

As far as I can remember, the only two ways for a player to get a conscript unit are drafting and huts. Drafting gives defensive units and isn't available until Nationalism. Huts give warriors. I guess I just always assumed it gave the AI warriors, too. Am I forgetting some obscure way to get a conscript unit or are huts at Monarch just set to give the AI horses instead of warriors?

C3C, latest patch, Monarch, Huge, Chapter Four, Jackson Five, Nikki Sixx...
    Attached Files
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Ehm...maybe you can get units other than warriors as well?

Isn't there a third option to get conscripts btw? I think some units will generate conscripts when 'capturing' other units(English Man-of-war?)
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Are there any land units that do it? I know the Javelin Thrower has enslave, but a) it creates workers and b) Egypt wouldn't have them anyway.

Getting a horseman from a hut is the only thing I can think of.

Comment

Yes you can get a horseman from a hut. I got one once in the vanilla days. I upgraded that one to a Knight when I could, just for fun
        I remember from hut charts (presented when a hut appeared in the intersite demogame) that there is 1/3 chance of a horseman instead of warrior when Horseback Riding is researched by a civ.
        Alea iacta est!

Comment

Ahhh, cool, and thanks for the explanation.

Comment

I've NEVER seen a horse from a hut... wow.

Comment

I haven't either.

I guess I haven't popped enough huts with HBR on hand.

Comment

Haven't either. Not too blown away by the prospect as well.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Horsies from huts? Don't think I've ever seen that ...
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I've seen it a few times. Obviously, it's rare.
                    "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
                    - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

Re: Well, this is odd

Originally posted by Solomwi

C3C, latest patch, Monarch, Huge, Chapter Four, Jackson Five, Nikki Sixx...
                      Chapter Four?

Jackson Five?

Nikki Sixx???

Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

LOL, I wondered how long that would take, Shogun. It's just another version of blah, blah, blah. I remember it from some song, that was introduced as "My Generation (I think), part 2, verse 3, chapter 4..."

Comment

I got a horse from a hut ONCE, in PTW. I ended up popping a hut deep in the jungle of an uncolonized area, with a legionary IIRC. Then the 30-odd barb horsies from surrounding encampments (roaming barbs, but of course there are the uprisings) showed up and killed both my legionary and my conscript horsie.

Barbs had balls back then.

I think the trigger may be that all civs have HBR.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Never gotten a horse from a hut. Mostly barbs and maps.
                            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Working...
                            X