Your favorite Conquests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite Conquests?

What is your favorite Conquests? and why!

Napoleonic Era
    WWII in the Pacific
    Rise of Rome
    Middle Ages
    Age of Discovery
    Senguko
    Mesopotamia
    Fall of Rome
    Mesoamerica

EDIT: Senguko may be spelled incorrectly.
    Napoleonic Era
    10.34%
    WWII in the Pacific
    6.90%
    Rise of Rome
    17.24%
    Middle Ages
    17.24%
    Age of Discovery
    6.90%
    Senguko
    10.34%
    Mesopotamia
    6.90%
    Fall of Rome
    10.34%
    Mesoamerica
    13.79%
    "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
    Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Tough call. I'd like WWII in Pacific but the realism and AI bites the big one. Fall of Rome would have been good except that Rome just sat there and let me pound them down. The Meso scenario introduced an interesting concept however.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Zillionth poll on this subject. I liked WWII Pacific best, AI issues nonewithstanding.

Mesoamerica was good till the Silent Hunter turned up.
      Last edited by Last Conformist; May 15, 2004, 09:27.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Isn't MarkG's poll on this subject still TOPPED?
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Answer: yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
            Zillionth poll on this subject.
            You know... we might consider starting a competition for polls on this subject sort of like the one DrSpike runs in the Apolyton/Community forum for every time someone asks about the A/D/M/HP values in their profile.

Comment

Middle ages is so fun and replayable. I've played it 6 times in SP and once in MP. I am trying to get some friends together for another one because they all loved the last one...even the Abbasid player.

Sengoku is another fun one.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                Isn't MarkG's poll on this subject still TOPPED?
                **** it then
                "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
                Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

BTW, I believe it's spelt 'Sengoku'.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I don't know which is worse: People who don't read threads of a similiar topic that is up top and still current or those who don't read an entire thread and are unaware their comment has already been brought up and answered 3 times already.
                    (Though reading those threads with up to 500 posts can be tedious especially considering some threads go off on a tangent after a dozen posts and end up with a fight between trolls.)
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

btw there already is a poll like this asking the same question. I like the fall of rome beacuse you have to cooporate witht the other barb civs to beat rome
                      Kermit the frog

Comment

Originally posted by kermit_the_frog
                        btw there already is a poll like this asking the same question. I like the fall of rome beacuse you have to cooporate witht the other barb civs to beat rome
                        Did Rome just sit there for you too. I attacked them in the east unopposed except for the defenders in place. The other barbs neither helped or hindered.

Comment

run a muk in Napoleonic Europe

leave no city standing

leave no monarchy alive

trash the joint

then get to the pub for a long cold beer and a thick steak and mash
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

don't we have a sticky poll on this?

middle ages tied with age of discovery for me.

Comment

3 artillery for every 1 musketman, 2 cavalry (middle ages)
                              I love shelling the hell out of them

Modern ages, 30 cruise missle surprise attack

archer/spearman/horsemen charging

outculture/outscience everyone

100% science output 1/2 cities on wealth
                              That's right, I'm a bloody Chink!!!
                              Bow to me and my superior CRUISE MISSILES!!!!!
                              A shout to all the asians and all the white people, etc., etc.
                              Ego sum Deum. Currunt von mich et mir MISSILES (i dunno the latin)

Comment

Working...
                              X