MP Save Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Save Problem

First off the reason i didn't put this in the 1.2 bug thread is because the problem has somehow carried itself over to 1.22 also. Everytime I try to save a multiplayer game it acts like it save, meaning it goes through all the save screen stuff, but when i try to load it it's never there, and i've looked everywhere for it, i even used the file search All my single player games save just fine, if anyone has had the same problem please let me know what you've done. it's just too long to sit and play a game all the way through in one sitting.

What do you mean by 'MP'? A Hotseat game? A simultaneous turns one? PBEM?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

any type of multiplayer game, it doesn't matter.

Comment

MP games save just fine for me. MP saves are saved in the same folder as SP saves are.

After you save the MP game and then later want to continue the game (ie, you and a buddy are playing over a household LAN)...

At the first menu you select multiplayer, then on the second screen (I believe it's the second pull-down menu on the left-hand side of the screen) select "load game." Then a pop-up window will allow you to select the save from the listing. To make the save easy to locate, give it a unique name - for instance, when my partner and play, I always name the save: JohnandTroy.SAV This way it is very clear as to what save you're searching for. If you let the computer assign the default save name, you might play hell trying to locate it if its buried with all of the rest of your past saves. Also, every now and then open up the save folder in your brower and clean out (ie, delete) old saves that you no longer want - This helps alot in locating inidividual files if you don't have to look at 30-50 or them at once.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X