Seeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeding

Hi i notice now that there is a place where you can enter a seed value. What kind of seed values are recomended and what does this feature exactly do?

Mainly it serves to enable you to generate the same map again if you get the seed by clicking on "play last world".

Comment

so basically i could type anything in the box and not have it make a difference in generating the map?

Comment

It would make a difference. (And they've made it so you can even type letters in addition to or instead of numbers.) But as it is simply a seed for random generation, there's no telling what sort of map a seed will turn out unless you've used it before.

Comment

but its already random so putting a seed in makes it more random?????? LOL im getting confused. I understand the play last world part but otherwise it just confusing.

Comment

It's only semi-random... it's all primed by the seed. The seed is then manipulated various ways to produce maps that are, for all intents and purposes, random. However, it all starts with the seed, and the seed is always manipulated the same way to produce the map; so use the same seed you did last time (with the same map settings) and you'll get the same map.

Comment

LOL WOW I think I have had enough of this seeding talk.....LOL.....My brain Hurts. I pretty much get waht you are saying. Thanks for your help

Comment

Yep, people here stopped bothering attaching 'maniac' to their name, but they still are.

Good handle though
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                X