CIV The Venezuelans: brianstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV The Venezuelans: brianstorm

I’m almost finishing The Argentine and The Brazilians civs and I launch time ago Tupis and Neanderthals, so I’m starting the brainstorm of my new civ, THE VENEZUELANS.
    Really, I don’t know if I’ll call this civ of Venezuelans or New Granada (Venezuela + Colombia + Ecuador + Panama + maybe Trinidad e Tobago, I’m not sure + some islands from Caribe)
    I need more data, if someone could help me, please, post. ATTENTION: THE DATA EXPOSED BELOW ARE NOT THE FINAL VERSION, JUST MY BRAIN STORM. So bonuses, colors, UU, leader… all these info are not finished, I need opinions.
    The Argentine and other South America citizens helped me so much with my civ Argentine, maybe the Venezuelans can help me now.

Civ Name: The Venezuelans.
    Bonuses: Agricultural (base of economy) and Commercial (because the oil heavy commerce), in Vanilla and PTW it could be Commercial and maybe Industrious (because the oil, I don’t know).
    Title and Leader Name: Simon Bolivar
    Favorite and Shunned Government: Communism and Facism (or monarchy), what do u think???
    Aggression Level: ???
    Culture Group: American.
    Noun: Venezuelans
    Adjective: Venezuelan
    Default and Alternative colors: Maybe yellow and red or blue, the main colors of the flag.
    Unique Unit:
    Civilopedia entry: RACE_VENEZUELAN

Cities list:
    Caracas (capital)
    Amuay
    Barquisimeto
    Cantel
    Ciudade Guayana
    Coatepeque
    Cumaná
    La Majada
    Maracaibo
    Maracay
    Peurto Cabello
    Puerto Ayacucho
    Puerto La Cruz
    San Cristóbal
    San Fernando
    Valência
    Zunil

I need more cities. The above list is not ordered, I need more infos to order the city names.

Military leaders:
    Jose Antonio Paez
    Admiral Padilla
    Jose Tomas Boves
    Francisco de Miranda
    Guaicaipuro
    Naiguata
    Tamanaco (the last three were native chiefs).

Scientific Leaders:
    Juan Vicente Gómez (this caudillo modern the country)
    Andres Bello

Civilopedia topics (not final version):
    - Nuevo Toledo was established in Venezuela in 1522, the first Spanish settlement in Americas. However, Venezuela was a relatively neglected colony in the 1500’s and 1600’s as the Spaniards focused on extracting gold from other areas of their empire in the Americas.
    - Natives tribes: Caribbean... I need more…
    - cocoa, sugar, cotton, coffee and tobacco exploration were the main activities in colonial times. There is no gold or silver to be extracted.
    - The Venezuelans began to grow restive under colonial control toward the end of the 18th century. After several unsuccessful uprisings, the country achieved independence from Spain in 1811 under the leadership of its most famous son, Simon Bolivar. Venezuela, along with what are now Colombia, Panama, and Ecuador, was part of the Republic of Gran Colombia until 1830, when it separated and became a sovereign country.
    - The fell of Fernando VII in Spain after war against Napoleon helped the independence.
    - Among the officers who had to leave the country when Monteverde took over was Simon Bolivar, a young Venezuelan aristocrat born in Caracas on July 24th 1783 who later would become "Bolivar El Libertador" and who under the guidance of his tutor Simon Rodriguez had been exposed to the most revolutionary contemporary ideas. Bolivar toured the European courts, where he consolidated his political paradigm and swore to commit his life to free his country from the Spanish bondage. After being defeated by Monteverde, Bolivar took refuge in Cartagena, where he wrote his famous "Manifiesto" and began to achieve merits as a great statesman and strategist. The government of Nueva Granada supported him with material and human resources and thus began the "Campaña Admirable".This campaign ended on August 7th, 1813 when Bolivar triumphantly entered Caracas. However, this young Second Republic ended abruptly with the appearance of Jose Tomas Boves and his powerful troop. Boves, well known for his cruelty, provoked a stampede of Caracas population towards the Eastern regions. It is said that more people died in this escape than in the 1812 earthquake.
    - the civil war: 1859-63
    - Dictatorships: 1908-35 (Caudillo Juan Vicente Gómez) and from 1950-58 (General Marcos Perez Jimenez).
    - The Venezuelan economy shifted from a primarily agricultural orientation to one centered on petroleum production and export after the first world war.
    - People live in the north side of Orinoco River.

[b]Unique Unit[:/b]
    In Independence War this country used some kind of Granadero a Caballo, a mounted army, I want know its name.
    The name could be Ejército Independendista, Bovecistar or Hijos de la Pátria.

I hope launch this civ this soon (3D animated leaderhead, UU...) The others characteristics was upgraded in the first post.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    CivArmy's Civ3 and Civ4 Libraries: here
Working...
X