i cant host?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i cant host?

i believe ive narrowed the problem down to one thing my NAT. as of now i see no way around it, esp since none of the forums mention it as a problem. Ive tested all my components and unless theres a firewall on win2k i dont know about, my NAT is to blame.

i have a belkin wireless router connected directly to my computer. The router has a firewall, however i have been on my DMZ since i got it. The firewall is not the problem, esp when im still invisible even with the firewall completely disabled.

ZoneAlarm is not a problem either, i have Civ, gamespy and directplay allowed for access and server. ive fiddled w/ the security from high to none with no results.

and i dont believe spysweeper acts as a firewal but ive disabled that as well for good measure.

i dont have anti virus software

i have sbc dsl and they provided me w/ one ip address that i share on my NAT. I cant jus disable it cus i have 3 computers on my network.

so is it impossible to host w/ a NAT? or is there some way around it? or am i missing something?

and for those ppl who jus can host, the NAT may be ur problem too

You might be able to configure your NAT to forward some poerts required for hosting to one of your computers and then be able to host games from it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

i was under the impression that only the firewall blocks ports and that a dmz is a zone where the ports are open...

Comment

Working...
      X