Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victory point locations - where to fortify unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory point locations - where to fortify unit?

Does it matter if I fortify a military unit on any adjacent square next to the victory point? Or does it work only on the left square?

Or is it last one to occupy it? If not I suspect you must be dead on it. Do the points show up in the victory screen?
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

You have to be on the tile with the marker. With the new artwork this is the one that in a little to the left. (I liked the old artwork better, because it was centered).
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Not only that, I don't think even a city is even on it. MUST be a unit :/
        It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
        She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Specifically a military one - not settler, worker, explorer, etc.
          Friedrich Psitalon
          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

If you are a little confused then you can right-click the tile to check out it's type and food/shields/trade output. The marker is there in the pictorial of the tile, but not in the surrounding tiles.

Just started my first Conquest, which is how I figured that out.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I wonder how many turns I lost in the Pacific Conquest by not realizing at first that having the VPL within my cultural radius was not enough.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I do believe a city can be on it- just make sure a military unit is within the city- which it should be unless you like losing cities

This is evident in the WW2 pacific game where many cities are placed right on the VP locations. Sometimes the cities get destroyed, but you should keep the unit there anyways.

Comment

Dunno, I seem to be having more success lately NOT defending most of my main cities, and just leave a few units in the general area. But granted, if there's contention - and on a VP location, there almost certainly IS - then a mil unit (or several!) is a must.

Comment

well in WW2 pacific I'm sure you could get away with leaving the mainland cities of Japan and the U.S. vacant- at least against the ai. But as I said, I'm not sure if you accumulate vp's that way.

But seeing as the AI always goes for your weakest cities, I wouldn't advise that either. I'm sure they could manage to sneak a transport around somehow.

Comment

As Axis, I ended up playing the island hop game...
                      Of course, that assumes everything behind you is safe
                      Maybe not wise on higher levels

Comment

There's no such thing as "safe" - only different levels of risk!
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

You MUST have a unit on the VP location. An empty city on the VP location does NOT give victory points.
                          "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
                          - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

Reminds me of a Napoleonic Europe game I played during the beta.

I was Austria, allied with Prussia. We were both fighting against France, and (bastard) France managed to raze one of my cities with a VP location (Budapest I think?). Prussia then promptly put a unit and fortified it on the ruins of my city, and there was no way I could get rid of it!

Comment

Working...
                            X