No announcement yet.

The Case For Food - Or, How to Become Economically Dominant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only aspire to Coracle's contrariness...
    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

And that damn creepy woman thing always staring at me... I'm going to report you to Ming!

Comment

That woman does freak me out too. I'm with Trip there.

RE: settler pump... the reason I suggested a link to ducki's thread is so you wouldn't have to complicate the issue in your guide, but those who wanted more info on the fine tuning of a pump could go check out a detailed explanation of in-game situations, which is in that thread.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          RE: settler pump... the reason I suggested a link to ducki's thread is so you wouldn't have to complicate the issue in your guide, but those who wanted more info on the fine tuning of a pump could go check out a detailed explanation of in-game situations, which is in that thread.

-Arrian
          Sounds good, I'll add the link now.

Comment

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The avatar always reminded me of the pilot in second Road Warrior movie.

Comment

Where is it from, exactly?
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

By the way, I just re-read most of ducki's thread. That thing turned into a gem. Discussion on settler/worker pumps, population growth in cities via adding workers from pumps, a debate about the opportunity cost of the Pyramids...

Good stuff.

-Arrian

Comment

Spacing your cities closer together and so giving the ability to share tiles, also can save you a couple of workers, whch can be quite important in the early game.
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Yep, tight spacing is about more than just food... referring back to cracker's treatise on CFC, it's the maximal use of high value tiles, PERIOD, that is so beneficial.

And I've ALWAYS been creeped out by Dom's avatar!
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                        Yep, tight spacing is about more than just food... referring back to cracker's treatise on CFC, it's the maximal use of high value tiles, PERIOD, that is so beneficial.
                        At the risk of being contrary again, let me just point out that, when you look at precisely which tiles are shared the most between cities, high Food ones top the list.

Actively sharing, say, a Bonus Grassland between two cities for the extra Shields can cut off a turn or two here and there, but if you set things up right (i.e. stabilizing your Warrior-producers at 5spt) there is little need for it on a consistent basis. In any case, the effect is not really that pronounced compare to Food. Even less so for Commerce (when was the last time you continuously shared a Gold Hills between two cities?).

Comment

Contrary cows say "MOOOO" and contrary iron hills say "FeFeFeFe"!!!
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                            In fact, if you're not going to mention the sharing of bonus Food resources, I'm wondering why you should mention city-spacing at all in "The Case for Food"...
                            Though I never did respond to this earlier () you do have a very good point. I suppose I can add a section on this for those who want to stretch their abilities (or their grey matter) beyond the generality that I've provided so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                              Contrary cows say "MOOOO" and contrary iron hills say "FeFeFeFe"!!!

I have no idea what that says, but it's funny anyway!

Comment

Fe is the chemical symbol for iron, Dom. another forest in the middle of flat land is useful, and the so are extra 3 shields.
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X