Changing railroads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing railroads?

Based on what I've seen so far (in terms of editors) this isn't possible (without actually modifying the game code itself...), but perhaps someone very familiar with modifying the game can tell me for sure...

What I'd want to do:
    Remove production bonus from railroad, substitute for gold cost, or pollution, say. Idea being to limit the sprawl of railroads, and force players to use them more carefully.

This would likely mess up the AI, but I play almost exclusively multiplayer (where's the satisfaction in beating a computer? really...), and strategically it could add quite a bit to how the game works (the correct balancing of penalties for each square of railroad).It would also have implications for automated workers, I realize, but at the moment I'm just curious if it would be possible to do at all.

Thanks,

Miles

No, nothing can be done about Railroads short of not allowing them to be built in the first place.

Comment

This has been an obsesion of mine for a while, as well. If somebody knows how to edit the code, then please speak up. Otherwise firaxis needs to include an option in the next version of C3C Editor that will allow us to edit railroads to a certain degree.

Comment

by Sepher 7, ... Otherwise firaxis needs to include an option in the next version of C3C Editor that will allow us to edit railroads to a certain degree.
        Hi Sepher 7, ever been on the front-lines? Since I pushed it to the point of being censored, you are hereby promoted to Field Marshall !! That's right! We are right behind you, trust me!

Lousy advise is here as follows; scream often, demand much and beeee sarcastic.

Sincerely,
        more or less...
        The Graveyard Keeper
        Of Creation Forum
        If I can't answer you don't worry
        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Working...
        X