Editing terrain characteristics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing terrain characteristics

I've tried changing the rules in the civ iii editor to make certain terrains give a lot of benefits, but for some reason it never seems to go above '9' as a maximum for food, commerce, and shields, though resource icons can raise it higher. Also, the city square produces substanially less food than the other squares(even though all the squares are the same terrain). Does anyone understand why these things are so?

I haven't edited terrain characteristics before, so I can't help you there.

As for the city tile, it's simply a quirk of Civ3. City tiles always produce a bare minimum of 2 food + 1 shield + 1 commerce. However, the commerce and shields can go up if there's a resource under the city, and the Industrious and Commercial traits also add shields and commerce respectively at high pop levels.

Comment

I think the only way to depart from the old 2 food - 1 shield - 1 commerce formula is to build your city on a bonus resource, or to have the agricultural, industrious or commercial traits. Unfortunately, you can neither force every starting position to sit on a resource, nor can you edit the benefits of the traits.

So, you're pretty much stuck with low-production town centres
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Re: Editing terrain characteristics

Originally posted by Anonymous24
        I've tried changing the rules in the civ iii editor to make certain terrains give a lot of benefits, but for some reason it never seems to go above '9' as a maximum for food, commerce, and shields, though resource icons can raise it higher. Also, the city square produces substanially less food than the other squares(even though all the squares are the same terrain). Does anyone understand why these things are so?
        Obviously there's a hard coded limit of 9 for squares. You'll just have to live with it. As for the city square, it always produces as much food as is required for one citizen. So if your citizen's food requirement is three, it will produce three. The exception to this is in Anarchy and Despotism, when you can't have any more than two.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          I think the only way to depart from the old 2 food - 1 shield - 1 commerce formula is to build your city on a bonus resource, or to have the agricultural, industrious or commercial traits.
          Even food bonuses don't apply, though the others do.

Comment

Working...
          X