Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think i know why AI doesn't build armies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not civ, however for each new government type, such as Democracy, etc.

The first palace spits out armies and you are tempted to upgrade it for something better, each time you research a new government and then somewhere along the line like the next Age your palace is made obsolete so as to force retirement of the first age palace that spits out armies. Even for palace I noticed it can be made obsolete.
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Antrine
      Oh, and just a thought did you place any wonder with the trigger set, 'build army without a leader'? For without first having built a wonder with this trigger, the AI's of course cannot build Armies anyway. And just because I have no definate proof it may simply be that I have been preoccupied with giving them so many Armies that I have not noticed or looked well enough to see what they are doing in this respect.
      No, for ages now I've given my Palace the Build Armies Without Leaders flag, and reduced the costs of building them, and the AI still doesn't produce any. They used to, but not anymore. In fact, I don't think I've seen an AI army since before PTW came out. Certainly not with Conquests.

Comment

Originally posted by Antrine

With your idea, you could simply have a Palace (small wonder) for every Age, thereby negating any unit with another or none.
        Can't be done. The Palace has the Center of Empire flag enabled in the editor, and you can only have that set once. And without an active Palace, all civs are crippled.

Comment

Wow that it is interesting about the 'center of Empire' flag. That aces out more than one palace idea through time idea.

Additionally, I wondered if the 'improvement' flags functioned for Wonders? It does obviously for the center of empire flag, but what about the other improvement flags working for Wonders?

The only verification I have about getting the AI to build any army is tagging a Small wonder to spit out an Army every so many turns, once built. This has worked.
          The Graveyard Keeper
          Of Creation Forum
          If I can't answer you don't worry
          I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Working...
          X