Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquest patches, languages, versions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest patches, languages, versions???

I've just bought Civ3 conquest, i went to civ3.com looking for a patch...
    There they have two patches: Ver1.20 and 1.12beta, both for US version only. Hmm...?
    So i went to ataris site. I picked Sweden (since i live there, and bought the game here) and end up at ataris nordic site.
    No patches in sight there, not even a support page!?

Went to Ataris UK site, there they have patches, but none for Civ3 Conquest.
    Finally, by reading in a forum, i found Firafix's site. There's a patch, version 1.22 and it says for all languages!

I've read some bad things about ver1.22 though, seems like many people stick to version 1.15 (which i haven't found anywhere, for any language).
    Where can i find 1.15? And is that for US version only, and which version do i actually have???
    If i rightclick my civ3conquest.exe and look at properties/version it says:
    File version: 1.0.0.0
    Language: English (United States)

Does this mean i have the US version?? But i've bought it in store in Sweden? Shouldn't it be a european version then?

I hate all this when patching, why can't they specify clearly (preferably on the CD, or while installing) which version you've just bought??

Help please!

1.20 had some big problems, but so far as I know 1.22 is pretty good. The major problem with 1.22 is a fair amount of pre-1.20 games cannot be loaded on it. (There also seems to be a bug with some MGLs where they cannot rush improvements but can great wonders.) However, since you just bought Conquests, the inability to load some saves from earlier versions shouldn't be a problem, and I'd recommend you just use 1.22

As far as what version you have: So far as I know there hasn't been a second release of Conquests, so you probably have version 1.00

Comment

I've recently heard that the v1.22 MGL bug is only in the Conquests and only with the MGL's that some of the Conquests start with. But I have not verified that personally.

Comment

1.22 should be fine if you start playing now.

Most complains were about 1.20, not 1.22.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll use version 1.22 then...

Kloorep: I know i have version 1.0, that was easy to check. What i was wondering was which region mine was from. IE, country. It just says: Language: English (United States). I bought it in Sweden, Europe. Most PC-games bought here usually are the UK version.
          But it says English (United States).

Doesn't matter if i use ver1.22 though, since 1.22 seems to be for all English versions.

Comment

UK English is probably correct. If you get little problems you can always try the US English one later.

Comment

Working...
            X