C3C Mesoamerica with Spain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3C Mesoamerica with Spain

Ok, I have another thread where I messed up on this already (forgot to backup a file), but I have come across another problem so I figured I'd just put all my problems in one thread.

I played the Conquest and I liked it very much. I enjoyed it so much that I played it out for a number of turns after I won, hoping that the Spanish would land and I'd have to battle them. It never happened. I looked into it further and discovered that they aren't in the conquest at all (even though they are mentioned in the conquest description). Too bad. I would like to see how I fare against a much more powerful civ than myself (or to see how I could change history by defeating the Conquistidors). Sounds like a good mod to me...

So I added the Spanish and gave them the ability to build Galleons and Conquistidors (with their stats changed). I moved and changed files and the .bix etc etc and everything was working great so I decided to play test it.

It was working great until the Spanish came. They were able to build their Units, so that wasn't the problem. The problem came when I tried to communicate with them. The game just crashed. No message at all. Just went back to my desktop with nothing running. Anyone have any ideas as to what happened?

(BTW, this is my first attempt at a complete scenerio)
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

If you wan't Mesoamerica with Spain wouldn't it be easier to play "The Age of Discovery" Conquest or mod it if you want Spain but not Portugal, France, The Dutch and English?
    Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
    To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

I am trying to see how well people can handle the much more advanced Spanish Conquistidors. I am using the Meso map and the Meso tech tree with Meso Units. It would be just like if you were to play the regular conquest but you just have the added challenge of trying to take on significanly more powerful units at the late stages of the game.

Back to the problem... got any suggestions?
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
      X