Odd graphics bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd graphics bug?

I just got Conquests and noticed an extremely annoying graphics bug that is everywhere on my screen:

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem and patching Conquests didn't help at all. My normal Civ3 has no problems at all.

All of my drivers and DirectX are up to date so I'm not sure what's going on. Can anyone help me?

I ran into this once, I am not sure what cured it. I uninstalled all Civ stuff and then install CivIII, then C3C and finally the latest patch at that time.

Comment

I tried that but it's still there =( Maybe I should defrag and run some system checking stuff before I reinstall, gonna try that now but if anyone know what else I can do, please tell me :P

Comment

Delete the Civ3 folder after uninstalling as well (after copying any saves you want to keep). Also, I don't know if you're doing it, but I think some people have had problems when they'd install the vanilla Civ3 patch before installing conquests, which is unnecessary because Conquests does that anyway.
        I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Never seen this. Definitely a reinstall moment.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I'm still going through the process of reinstalling/deleting/etc.

The thing that bothers me is that I installed Conquests after a fresh install of Civ III (no mods, no patches, etc.) and it does this. At first I thought Conquests just had really bad artists

Comment

Thank god I R good with compooters.

Apparently my cat scratched up my original Civ3 CD which was distorting the Conquest images for some reason. I cleaned everything but a scratch remained and I couldn't go past a few turns without the game crashing because I was missing some sound files.

This really made me mad

Eventually I was surfing around on the internet and I realized I could download a trial version of Civ3. I did it and ended up copying all the sound files from the trial into my real directory. I'm finishing it up now while I post this, I hope it works.

*Edit:* Yay.
              Last edited by Kaezin; April 15, 2004, 21:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaezin
                *Edit:* Yay.
                So it worked? What about the graphics problem?

Anyways, good luck to you, for making the game work and for playing the game itself. It's a great game, once you work out the kinks (and if you're a casual player like me, than don't worry about everyone's complaints with 1.22 patch...I've found it to work great).
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
                X