No announcement yet.

Is there a screenshot feature in civ 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a screenshot feature in civ 3?

I see some great screenshots posted all over. Is there a button I can press in game to take them?
    I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Re: Is there a screenshot feature in civ 3?

Originally posted by Phoenix
    I see some great screenshots posted all over. Is there a button I can press in game to take them?
    "Print Screen" on the keyboard.
    The viking age ended 1066 at Monday, September 25, 6pm

Comment

I use Irfanview to capture and resize and save as jpeg. It is free.

Comment

I should have known vmxa1 and his irfanview would be among the first posts.

Phoenix, once you have done 'print screen' and captured it into a graphics program (Adobe Photoshop and Jasc Paint Shop Pro are some others, but definitely not free ) to post on Poly you will need to resize to 800X600.

To attach it to a post, the easiest way is to go to the 'post reply' and add the attachment there. Alternatively you can use Poly's upload feature and use a link to that, but it's more labor intensive (but necessary in private democracy game forums).

Hope all our posts help a bit.

Comment

and if you don't have any nifty graphics programs the Microsoft Paint that comes with Windows works just fine. I found out it will even convert the images to a jpg. What more could you ask for.

Comment

I also like Hypersnap as it can crop screenies, but it is not free either. I have Photshop, but did not reinstall it after I rebuilt this rig.

I just was not using and forgot about it.

Comment

Paint works fine until you try to resize it. Irfanview slides in very nicely there, though. One advantage Paint does have (among the free programs) is the ability to draw on your screenshot, to highlight certain aspects or lay out, say, a battle plan.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Or lacking Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, you can always use The Gimp, a freeware graphics editing program that is, I am told by a friend of mine, able to do most functions that Photoshop is able to do. I've found it to be very useful, especially being not much into graphics and so not willing to buy any program, and also against pirating software. The only thing that takes getting used to is the fact that everything is pretty much done through the right-click menu instead of regular menus in the menu bar.
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                  I use Irfanview to capture and resize and save as jpeg. It is free.
                  I do as well! You don't have to be a graphics wizard since it's really easy to use. Also it's useful for making avatars from bigger pictures.

Comment

or better still
                    take out ur digital camera and take a picture of your screen.

stick the picture into an envelope and post here

seriously i use ms pain. oh soz ms paint.

Comment

I'm a happy IrfanView user too.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I've been a irfanview user for some years now

I also found a nice little tool some months ago called CyClops2. It's a little freeware utilty with some handy functions. My favourite is the 'auto-capture' option. Start the tool, turn on auto-capture, set your default folder, choose file format. Each time you hit 'printscreen', an image will be saved automatically. Then cut'n paste to your hearts content with irfanview/paint etc. Great for making those *large* worldmaps
                        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Hmm, that would be useful. I mainly use it for posting screenshots of my games, so alt-tabbing and pasting gets a bit tiresome.

Comment

I'd rather be able to paint in-game. (future cities and stuff)
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

that would indeed be a nice feature
                              You saw what you wanted
                              You took what you saw
                              We know how you did it
                              Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Working...
                              X